Saturday, November 08, 2008

God loves me



This is how this verse makes me feel, happy!
True confession. I have had a skewed picture of myself (in my mind). This week Renee spoke about how much God loves us. She gave examples from her own experience. It made me sad, at first, to hear her talk about her feelings about herself. But I realized I had some of those same feelings about myself. I think it made God sad, to hear it. When God made me He said "it is good!", who am I to argue? But when it comes down to daily life, do I believe it? Not always.
This self acceptance needs to be reality. It affects every one of our relationships. I want to have healthy relationships. When we do,(really believe how much God loves us) we will truly have the Glory of God manifest in our life.
So here I am Lord, saying, I'm glad you made me the way I am, I'm thankful for all my seen and unseen blessings, and for the gifts You have placed in my life, I purpose to use them for Your glory, to make sure everyone knows just how much You love them too!


Ephesians 1:4 (The Message)


The God of Glory
3-6How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

No comments:

Beautiful Lily

Beautiful Lily

verse of the day

Contributors

BlogUpp!

Followers


The Hero Club Blog

Michael Yon

Star of David

Star of David