Thursday, February 05, 2009

Be yourself

Matthew 23:11-12 (The Message)

"Do you want to stand out? Then step down. Be a servant. If you puff yourself up, you'll get the wind knocked out of you. But if you're content to simply be yourself, your life will count for plenty.

I have to admit that even though I have always been shy, the spotlight has a good feeling that goes along with it. I think that's why this verse stuck out to me today. A caution to me to not look for those spotlight opportunities. I know it's all about your motives, and I do want Gods light to always shine in me and through me. But to "simply be yourself" is the key. Be who He made you to be, don't try to be someone else. God made you just right, and He LOVES you!

1 comment:

Fresh Manna by Pastor Tim Burt said...

Starr is a real star! Great post written by a true selfless servant!Your loved and appreciated!
Pastor Tim Burt

Beautiful Lily

Beautiful Lily

verse of the day

Contributors

BlogUpp!

Followers


The Hero Club Blog

Michael Yon

Star of David

Star of David